This is one of those moments in life where you ask yourself, "did that really just happen?" and then you snap back into reality and realize that...yes...it did.
So today we had a lunch event with the American Bar Association. After my years of experience ordering pizza for mass numbers of youth at EFY, I was put in charge of ordering pizza for 50. After wheeling and dealing my way into a great deal with this pizza place (which will remain nameless at this point), the pizza was to arrive today at 11:44 for our event that started at 12:15pm. At 12:00pm my pizzas were no where to be found. I made a call to the unnamed pizza asking where my pizzas were. This is the conversation that followed:
Me: "Hi, this is Alyssa from the law school. Where are my pizzas?"
Pizza Man: "Umm, we are having slight difficulties here."
Me: "What do you mean slight difficulties?
Pizza Man: "Well, our delivery boy refuses to deliver your pizzas."
Me: "Excuse me? What do you mean he refuses to deliver my pizzas?"
Pizza Man: "Exactly that, he refuses to get in his car and bring the pizzas to you."
Me: "Are you kidding me?"
Pizza Man: "No, he's being, well to put it politely, he's being a jerk"
Me: "So how are we going to get the pizzas from your place to my desk without a delivery boy? And how is this kid still working for you? Is there someone else that can deliver the pizzas?"
Pizza Man: "I've tried to get him fired, and no, there is no one else that can deliver your pizzas, oh, but he's getting in his car right now!"
Me: "He doesn't have directions to the building...how does he plan on getting here?"
Pizza Man: "Um, I don't know. But he's on his way. Give me the directions and I'll pass them along. Bye"
2 MINUTES LATER: my phone rings...
Delivery Boy: "Um, where am I suppose to go?"
Me: "You're kidding me, right?"
True story. And don't worry, I talked to the Owner Mohammad right after and he gave me 7 free pizzas, not that we'll use them for an event, but we're definitely having a staff pizza party soon.
The End
The Best Oven Baked Chicken Breast
5 years ago
3 comments:
Hahaha! My favorite, "I tried to fire him." Ha ha! How does one fail at that!? Haha!
Oh my good grief, Alyssa! That's the funniest thing!! How do you keep a job you refuse to do?! HAHAH!!
that is funny!!! make sure you pick up the free pizzas next time.
oh yeah--how much of a tip did you give him? LOL
Post a Comment