I got up this morning and thought to myself, "Self, what are we going to do today?!" So I got online and googled 'NY events' and found kayaking on the Hudson. I called up my friend YinGie and we met up in the afternoon and went to the pier at 72nd and Riverside and went kayaking on the Hudson! So fun! The website says they will give you a 20-minute lesson before you go out. Well, the guy that was helping me gave me a 20 second lesson then left! He told me how to get into the kayak, and then said goodbye. I asked him if I just alternate rowing from side to side (which I already knew, but was testing him because if I were new to this, I wouldn't know what to do!). He gave me this "Well, duh" look and walked away. So I just started rowing my little kayak up stream because the boundaries for the pier were upstream. I had been rowing for probably 10 minutes, thinking I am this incredible rower, and I turned around and had only gone maybe 100 yards from the dock. I felt like an idiot! People on the pier were probably shaking their heads at the dumb girls who couldn't row. After about 30 minutes of rowing up stream, we decided to head back to the dock. It took us literally, 30 seconds to go downstream as far as we had gone upstream in 30 minutes. Pathetic, I know! All in all, it was by far one of the cooler things I've done in the city so far.
The Best Oven Baked Chicken Breast
5 years ago
2 comments:
Kayak on down to Provo pumpkin:)
Alyssa my darling! We miss you so much! You look like you're having the time of your life up in New York though! I'm so jealous!
Post a Comment