No, I'm not engaged. I'm employeed!!! That is right! One week down and I've found myself a home and a job! I'm officially the Administrative Secretary for the Career Services Office of the Sandra Day O'Conner College of Law at Arizona State University. Hurray! That means I help law students find jobs, manage the office/front desk area, and help with planning events and what-not. I start on Monday which means I have less than a week to get my room and everything ready so I don't have to worry about that during work.
In addition to my new job, Katie and I moved into our new apartment last night! I am also the new owner of a brand new kitchen table and chairs. Oh, by the way, let me take a moment and advertise for my new favorite place to shop...Ikea. Oh, the joy that comes from that place. I'm heading back today to get some shelves...but object numero uno is a bed. Thanks to my long lost friend Neal who I worked with at EFY 2-3 years ago and haven't seen since but were reunited at church on Sunday, Katie and I do have an air mattress to sleep on instead of the floor. :) Thanks Neal! Below are pics from our new place...remember it is a work in progress.
Katie and the chair
Our current living...one air mattress
6 comments:
congrats on finding a job, and so quick too!
So when I saw the title, I was all excited.... I thought you were pregnant (cuz that is what first comes to mind when I see ANNOUNCEMENT these days) then I remembered youre not married, and I was sad... you must have strayed from the path and got KNOCKED UP.
But I am so glad to hear that its a new job! Thats way better than being pregnant (at this point!) And your job has a way long title, which automatically makes it super cool and totally prestigious. CONGRATS my friend! You deserve it!
i just linked you my friend. congrats on the new job/place. you're missed in NY
Alyssa! I have missed you! Congrats on the new job! How is Arizona?
PS- my table is from Ikea as well, I love that place!
I had no idea that you had a blog! Now we can really stay in touch, hope AZ is treating you good! Looks like you got a job and a place to stay so heres for looking up!!
Chance
Glad to read that you found a job, no thanks to your good for nothing former boss who couldn't get it together to finish a letter of recommendation. I really do have a half written one on the "n" drive. Sorry, and congratulations. They were smart enough to know how great you are without me.
Post a Comment